Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Doing something other than Landscape Architecture

Hello All, I would like to get feedback as to what everyone here does with their license mostly something other than perform as a RLA. I ha…

Started by Martin Arredondo

0 Jul 1

Hiring "secod career" BLA graduates

Today, people are changing careers either through, necessity, desire, or numerous other influences. I'm looking for thoughts, and opinions,…

Started by Jacob Collins

13 Jun 30
Reply by Jacob Collins

Role of Quoting Software in New Age Business

Quoting Software  has unique significance in current business age and it is an unavoidable entity. It is an effective method which offers…

Started by Collins Fred

0 Jun 29

Does anyone have lessons learned to share about detailing, specifying, and conducting construction administration when wanting to create a…

Started by Denise Clark

0 Jun 26

What is your key to finding great staff members?

Where do you look and what are your key interview questions? We are a small company and everyone has to be agile, a great communicator and…

Started by Meg Gaffney

0 Jun 25

Annual Meeting & Expo

Please excuse me for whining, but does anyone have insight into why the ASLA annual meeting is scheduled in late fall? In Chicago this year…

Started by Timothy Whitten

0 Jun 25

Maternity Leave

What has been your office's policy for maternity leave ? Did you feel supported ? How was returning to the daily grind ? Papas welcome to c…

Started by marie

5 Jun 23
Reply by Bugglette211

Landscape Architecture Students and Debt -- Is this a realistic picture?

Image from LAM Last month, Landscape Architecture Magazine published Value Subtracted, an article that takes a look at the average landsca…

Started by Lucy Wang

8 Jun 17
Reply by Tonie C.

A New Resource for Landscape Professional

As the owner of a Design and Build company for the past twenty two years, one of the things I've done to save time and money is hire a prof…

Started by Dane Rose

0 Jun 10

Countries with Highest LA salaries

What countries are paying landscape architects the most right now? I've heard Dubai pays LAs very well. Other countries in Asia perhaps? If…

Started by Michael Kuntz

1 Jun 5
Reply by Tosh K

Blog Posts

Courtyards in Modern Design | The Room Without a Ceiling

As a landscape architect I love the aspects of modernist architecture that allow a house to embrace and co-exist with the garden around…

Posted by Jason Davidson on September 1, 2015 at 7:30pm — 1 Comment

4 Building Materials that Reduce Construcion Cost

Construction and civil engineering activities have experienced a boom due to rapid…

Posted by Modern Homes on September 1, 2015 at 11:00am

Latest Activity

Linda Ashby replied to Mark Di Lucido's discussion 'Sustainable Sites'
"Sustainable Sites Initiative has not been subsumed by LEED. GBCI is the third-party administrator…"
35 minutes ago
CML replied to Wyatt Thompson, PLA's discussion 'Buffalo-Niagara-Rochester'
"Stay away.  Other than Niagara Falls itself and a few new developments in downtown Buffalo the…"
7 hours ago
henry cohen replied to Mark Di Lucido's discussion 'Sustainable Sites'
"From one curmudgeon to another, well said!"
10 hours ago
Alan Ray, RLA replied to Mark Di Lucido's discussion 'Sustainable Sites'
"hahaha....I resemble that remark! "
23 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Andrew Spiering.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service