Discussions Replies Latest Activity

South Korea

Hi, Anyone know any landscape architects (South Korean or otherwise) doing any interesting work in South Korea? Thanks.

Started by Robert Such

5 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by Yun-geum Kim

Rural City Commnunity Infill

Hello, My name is Caleb Harlow and I a fifth year senior at Virginia Tech. I am looking for some suggestions of case studies for my senior…

Started by Caleb Harlow

2 Aug 31, 2009
Reply by nca

San Francisco 17th Street Plaza Project

This is an effort in San Francisco showing that by calling a project a "pilot", they can forego many of the policies and procedures that dr…

Started by Ryan A. Waggoner

4 Aug 11, 2009
Reply by Tom Fitzgerald

Notable Mountain Designs

Hello fellow Land8ers, i am posting this because i need your help. I am a MLA student at University of New Mexico and this summer i was aw…

Started by AR Coffeen

4 Jun 20, 2009
Reply by AR Coffeen

U.S. Road Trip

A few friends and I are moving from Pittsburgh to Phoenix, and we're going to take a few days to enjoy it. I think we're taking a southern…

Started by Ryan A. Waggoner

4 Jun 18, 2009
Reply by Ryan A. Waggoner

Landscape architecture world map

Does anyone know of an online interactive searchable worldwide map of landscape architecture (and the other architectures, perhaps)? If it…

Started by Tim Waterman

16 Jun 17, 2009
Reply by Magnus Greni

Innovative firms or people in european landscape architecture - examples?

Hi! We are two Australian students of landscape architecture and are writing to ask for advice in regard to a proposed study trip to Europ…

Started by em

9 Apr 17, 2009
Reply by Rich Bensman

Jogging track and bike track

The discussion will goes in very simple language in several questions, by what is the point that the landscape designer or architects sh…

2 Mar 26, 2009

Web 2.0 Landscape Competition for Tiananmen Square, Beijing

We are announcing a competition which aims to generate debate and ideas for the re-designing a section of the most important urban space in…

Started by Tom Turner

0 Mar 12, 2009

Visitng Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos

Hello, I am planning on taking a trip to Vietnam (with a possible visit to Laos and Cambodia) with some friends. The national parks sound…

Started by doreen

1 Feb 12, 2009
Reply by Greg Gill

Blog Posts

Is it time for Landscape Architects to step into the spotlight?

Throughout history—with the exception of the great Olmsted, of course—it seems that landscape architects seldom find their way into the design spotlight. Lurking in the shadows of a project's sources, the portion of folks…

Posted by Corey J. Halstead on November 4, 2015 at 9:00am — 4 Comments

How to Pass the LARE in Less than a Year

Posted by Amanda Beerens on January 16, 2015 at 1:30pm — 1 Comment

Latest Activity

Tamara Urben-Imbeault posted a status
"Check out my new website!"
Tamara Urben-Imbeault commented on Corey J. Halstead's blog post 'Is it time for Landscape Architects to step into the spotlight?'
"The Manitoba Association of Landscape Architects here in Winnipeg has been putting up signs during…"
Tosh K replied to Hans Baumann's discussion 'Sustainable Lumber for Exterior Use?'
"What are your criteria?  A lot of suppliers offering thermally treated woods with some doing…"
Mark Storie replied to Hans Baumann's discussion 'Sustainable Lumber for Exterior Use?'
"Hi Hans, I am not sure what you mean by "most sustainable choice" of lumber -…"

© 2015   Created by Andrew Spiering.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service