After many months of vacillating, I've finally made a decision concerning the move from PC to Mac. I've done my due diligence(as much as I could) and settled on the Mac Mini. here is my conundrum, I've been using windows xp, now i could just upgrade, but, I am also using Land f/x with Autocad 04. Land f/x will no longer support 04, so I have to come into the 21st century and get 2012. This all entails partitioning the Mac and installing windows in the partition so I can run cad and other programs I need for work. I would also like to use 64 bit as opposed to 32. When looking at win7 my head almost exploded trying to figure out which to use.

So(finally), my question is which win7 should I use?

Please keep your answers as simple as possible since I am somewhat computer challanged.

Thanks all.

Views: 513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ACAD or FX?

Andrew, acad, I have f/x.

Great deal!

That is a pretty good deal.  I will note, however, that the last time I was involved in the sale of copies of CAD software they (Autodesk) did require a transfer of license with a fee.  Just something to keep in mind.

Cris, appreciate the heads up. I contacted them and an awaiting a reply. I'll let you know what they have to say.

Cris, just got off the phone with the software folks. The price is all inclusive.

But thanks for the heads up.

Henry,

Were you using FX with Bricscad before? If so, why are you changing to ACAD?

I learned that Land F/X has made a deal with Autodesk so that they can use an altered form of Acad Lt 2012 as an engine for a stand alone version called F/X CAD. It does everything Land F/X does although the cad ability is limited to that of Lt ... in other words, no 3d. It runs @ just under $2k, but currently on sale for $200 off.

I'm demo-ing Bricscad w/ Land F/X and finding that I can't deal with using Bricscad and that F/X is not adding enough to excite me. ... leaning to sticking with plain old Acad Lt. 

Every thing is ordered, Mac Mini, autocad 2011 and win.7 pro.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get everything on the mac and how win. 7 works. fun for the next few weeks.

RSS

Blog Posts

Landscape Sustainability and Tall Wood Building

Posted by Lauren E. L. Marshall on December 4, 2014 at 10:00am 0 Comments

Advanced Water Purification Facility Science and Administration Center, Photo Credit: Michael E. Cabezas

So this topic is a bit of a diversion…

Continue

Sustainable Residential Design Spotlight: Edyn Smart Garden Sensor

Posted by Nicholas Buesking on December 2, 2014 at 8:00pm 0 Comments

The process of building and maintaining a garden…

Continue

Job Board

© 2014   Created by Andrew Spiering.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service