Projects with good contour plans

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums STORY BOARD Projects with good contour plans

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Loh
    Participant

I am currently looking for some good projects (public spaces) with very good contour plans online that I can learn from. I am not very good in drawing contours but I know it’s pivotal if I want to become a tsuccessful designer. 

Can someone let me know project names / plans online?

Cheers

Dave McCorquodale
    Participant

While I don’t know of any online, I’d suggest thinking about topography in terms of spot elevations.  The contour lines superimposed on a drawing always come after the spot elevations are determined.  The contour lines just kind of “fill in the blanks”.  Find a resource that focuses on the (relatively) simple math behind site grading and the contours become easy to understand.  Good luck

Dave McCorquodale
    Participant

you might consider this book: http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118668723.html

I don’t have any knowledge of the book, but it appears to be good.  Not sure if you could find it used or cheaper elsewhere…

Tosh K
    Participant

Hargraeves, ReedHilderbrand, MVVA, Haag projects; I recall the Seattle Sculpture Garden being an example for the architecture students.

A lot of the plans may not be online.  In flat runs the spots and grades are more decisive, in free form work, the lines are how you can control the grading process, though a lot of it will be in the field during construction.

Benjamin Loh
    Participant

Thanks Dave. The book looks informative. I just placed an order of the book and look forward to receiving it! Thanks so much!

Benjamin Loh
    Participant

will check their project out. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register