Junior Landscape Architect
San Anselmo, CA
JUNIOR LANDSCAPE DESIGNER POSITION
Simmonds & Associates is a boutique landscape architecture firm based in Marin County and serving the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. We specialize in residential estates, multi-family developments, and equestrian facilities.
We are looking for an entry-level designer with 1-5 years’ experience. Position will include assisting with the following project tasks:
• AutoCAD drafting and construction documents;
• Freehand drawing, colored renderings, master plans, and other preparations for presentations;
• Accompanying the principal or associate to job sites and client meetings, taking notes for later distribution.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualities:
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in Landscape Architecture;
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, and a willingness to learn our office standards;
• Ability to sketch and draft freehand;
• Basic understanding of landscape construction techniques;
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign;
• Knowledge of sustainable landscape practices and local San Francisco Bay Area microclimates and plant material;
• Neatness, organizational skills, & punctuality;
• Good writing skills, listening skills, creative problem solving skills, spatial thinking skills, task management, & willingness to learn;
The successful candidate will receive mentoring and training from the Principal and Associate for the development of their design skills and in the workings of a small landscape architecture office. Our objective is to train the selected candidate to become an innovative and successful landscape architect.
Compensation will be commensurate with abilities.
Please e-mail interest and resumes to:
firstname.lastname@example.org att’n: Warren Simmonds