Project Manager / Landscape Architect
San Rafael, CA
VITA Planning and Landscape Architecture is currently seeking a Project Manager / Landscape Architect to manage, develop, and execute design solutions for large scale master planning and landscape architectural projects.
VITA is a boutique Planning & Landscape Architecture firm dedicated to identifying the true character of each project site and respectfully incorporating its essence into the resulting built environment. Our office features talented Landscape Architects, Planners, and Architects working in a collaborative environment. VITA strives to incorporate innovative and sustainable approaches into each stage of the design process (from master planning through detail design and implementation) to ensure an end product of the highest quality and responsiveness to the site.
VITA’s projects are located throughout all regions of the U.S. as well as Asia, Europe, Mexico, and The Caribbean. The majority of our practice focuses on large-scale, high-end hospitality and community development. Aspects of these projects may include incorporation of community structure/organization, design guidelines, individual residences, urban design/village cores, golf, recreation, agriculture, and open space preservation.
The Project Manager / Landscape Architect will work directly with the Principal Landscape Architect/Planner and be expected to execute design concepts, interface with clients and consultants and manage project budgets and schedules. The ideal candidate must be passionate about their work, creative, display a strong work ethic, work both independently of others and in teams, be self-motivated, and have strong interpersonal and client communication skills (verbal and written).
- Degree in Landscape Architecture and 5-8 years of professional experience
- Adept with AutoCAD 2015 standards & fluency in the Adobe Suite
- Experience in managing and preparation of construction documents
- Experience designing planting plans, grading plans & construction details
- Large scale Community Development, Resort, and/or Hospitality experience a plus
- Ability to express design concepts through hand sketching and computer rendering
- Proficiency in GIS, SketchUp, Rhino and/or 3D modeling
- LEED certification a plus
- Strong design skills and a capacity for creative and critical thinking
- A desire to create lasting art and bring enthusiasm into their daily work
- Competitive Salary - commensurate with experience.
- Full Benefits - medical/dental coverage.
- Paid time off & 401k/profit sharing plans.
- Opportunity for Year-End bonus.
To apply please submit the following:
- Cover Letter providing overview of qualifications for this specific job
- Resume & Portfolio work (including both electronic and hand graphics) 10 MB Max
- Please put job title in subject and email: email@example.com