Landscape Architect / Design Services Manager
One of Greater Boston’s leading horticultural services and fine gardening companies is currently seeking a talented and driven Landscape Architect to further establish and grow an already successful Design Division. Candidates must possess direct experience managing custom detailed residential design and implementation. This role requires the ability to build new and foster existing relationships with clients and contractors as well as guide clients through all phases or design and facilitate a smooth transition to an installed project. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with direct New England experience and strong horticultural aptitude. Direct experience as lead Architect for Design Build firm a plus.
• Design and sell landscape design and construction projects to residential clients.
• Supervise and coordinate landscape and hardscape installation projects with crew foremen.
• Ensure that customers are completely satisfied through effective communication, relationship building and regular site visits
• Must be a graduate of an ASLA-accredited School
• Landscape Design and/or Horticulture degree or equivalent experience preferred; certifications a plus
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and MS Office
• Advanced plant knowledge necessary (trees, shrubs and perennials)
• On site management a plus and field experience necessary
• 3 years minimum experience in landscape design & sales
• Ability to prepare proposals, contracts, estimates & designs
• Ability to calculate budgets, labor & material costs
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent time management skills
• A strong work ethic and organizational skills
• Professional licensure is preferred but not required.
• Competitive salary
• Health Care Benefits
• 401K plan
Please email cover letter, resume, and examples of design work to: