Oehme, van Sweden │ OvS, an internationally recognized, award-winning landscape architecture firm located on historic Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, is seeking qualified candidates with one to four years of experience. The firm's widely diversified mix of residential and nonresidential clients includes public agencies, institutions, businesses, and private residences.
• Participate on project teams;
• Prepare sets and presentation packages;
• Conduct research and prepare construction details and specifications;
• Carry out technical and administrative assignments: tabulations, cost estimates, etc;
• Prepare production of construction details and specifications;
• Participate in project meetings;
• Carry out special projects and assignments.
• BLA or MLA from a four-year college or university.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer-aided drawing programs;
• Demonstrated proficiency in Conceptual Design through Construction Documents, including hand sketches;
• Demonstrated proficiency in presentation graphics programs, such as Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and in 3-D modeling programs such as Sketch-Up, Revit, or 3-D Studio;
• Proficient in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public;
• Proficient in written, oral and graphic communication;
• Proficient in reading, analyzing and interpreting professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations;
• Have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
• Registration and LEED Accreditation preferred.
Send resume, references, and portfolio examples as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Landscape Architect: 1-4 Years’ Experience in the subject line. No phone calls, please.