Senior Landscape Architect (10-15 years)
San Rafael, CA
April Philips Design Works is a Landscape Architecture firm committed to the integration of people and the environment through creative sustainable design. The primary role of the candidate would be as Project Manager or Project Landscape Architect for large scale urban parks and high density mixed use projects. Experience with both working on and managing a large multidiscipline team and staff is crucial. Production skills including CAD and MS Office Suite are a must.
We are seeking a talented senior landscape architect who is passionate about design, a proven leader, and enjoys built work. The right candidate:
• Strong leader with minimum of 10+ years experience and a firm grasp of design and construction process.
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills, public speaking ability, plus dynamic marketing and business development skills.
• Proven project management experience including coordination, preparing work plans, presentations, managing client relationships, budgeting and job cost tracking, and facilitating team communication.
• Must be technically proficient in planting, water conservation, wucols, podiums, green roofs, grading, stormwater, and detail development.
• Effective in managing deadlines, keeping projects on schedule, working with clients, team and contractors in overseeing production, quality control, and staff mentoring though technical guidance, collaboration and quality review.
• Software skills must include Auto Cad, Adobe Suite, Sketch-Up, and MS Office Suite. Lumion is a plus.
• Candidate must also be proficient with freehand, graphic and digital media presentation and communication skills.
• The candidate shall have strong experience on complex landscape architecture projects and multi-discipline teams.
APDW blends science, art & technology to design site specific, meaningful, and comprehensive landscape environments through a “systems thinking” process. Our diverse portfolio of design projects is centered in the Pacific Rim region and includes mixed use, high density residential, green roof/podium, retail environments, office campus, hospitality, and urban infill. Visit us at: www.APDW.com
Some driving is required.
BLA or BSLA is required or MLA preferred.
California PLA License and LEED accreditation and/or SITES AP preferred.
We offer attractive full-time salaries and benefits including health insurance, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, retirement and professional development.
Please send cover letter, resume, digital portfolio (under 6MB file size) and salary history/requirements to email@example.com
Compensation based on experience.
Employment Type: Full Time