KSA has an immediate opening in our McKinney, TX office for a Landscape Architect with 3 to 5 years’ experience in master planning, urban design and landscape architecture. Learn more about KSA and our philosophy about Planning, Visioning, Urban Design, and Landscape Architecture by visiting: http://www.ksaeng.com/services/development-services
Summary of job description:
Planning and design for parks and trails, streetscapes, mixed-use developments, city-wide comprehensive plans and downtown master plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Confers and collaborates with clients, engineers, architects and other disciplines on overall planning and design.
• Researches, gathers, and records information for use in writing study reports.
• Writes text for planning documents, e.g. analysis, evaluation and recommendations.
• Compiles and analyzes site conditions data for the preparation of site due diligence and the development of landscape plans.
• Prepares conceptual site plans, working drawings, specifications, and cost estimates for landscape design projects.
• Inspects construction work in progress to ensure compliance with landscape specifications.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture
• Licensed Landscape Architect in Texas and/or reciprocity for Texas, Louisiana, or Oklahoma
• 3-5 years prior experience in urban planning and landscape architectural design
• Familiarity with AutoCad, GIS, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
• Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate in planning/design studio and field environments with various planning, design and construction professionals
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume, and portfolio that demonstrates writing and graphic skills via our website www.ksaeng.com. If you are unable to upload either in the application process, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
No sponsorships, please.
KSA is a consulting engineering/architectural firm founded in 1978. Our firm has grown to include over 170 employees in 10 offices throughout Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma, a construction subsidiary, and a computer services subsidiary. We provide planning, landscape architectural, engineering, architectural, surveying and consulting services on a wide variety of projects for governmental and private enterprises. KSA was recognized as a winner of the 2009, 2010, and 2011 Zweig White Hot Firm contest as one of the fastest growing architectural, engineering, and environmental consulting firms in the United States and Canada. We have also been honored with inclusion in the ENR Top 500 for the last three years and won top 100 Best Companies to Work For in Texas for 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
We provide a full range of benefits including 401k; health, vision, dental, and supplemental insurance; paid holidays; 3 weeks of PTO; and more! Apply online today.