We are currently looking for a Landscape/Urban Designer with a passion for design and the innate ability to create high quality graphics. As our reputation grows, so does our need for skilled and passionate industry leaders who thrive on collaboration and believe deeply in the ability of design to elevate the human experience.
At GGLO, we believe it’s both the opportunity and responsibility of design to play a lead role in creating and sustaining community – to design places where our clients’ clients prosper. Our approach is focused on improving the relationship between people and place. Our Architects, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects and Urban Designers work across scales and project types to create holistic neighborhoods, blocks, buildings, and public places.
Professional Knowledge & Experience
• Communicate design ideas through a variety of tools (e.g. SketchUp, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), hand draft and free hand drawing).
• Collaborate with other team members and disciplines.
• Demonstrate self-regulated quality review and continuous quality control of work product.
• Demonstrate commitment to meeting deadlines; work with urgency, and exhibit pro-active planning.
• Awareness of current design trends and new products.
• Awareness of sustainable design core concepts including material and plant selection, resource conservation, and synergies with other disciplines.
• Participate in construction observation tasks including submittal review, RFI response, site visits, and plant review.
• Coordinate design with other disciplines, and communicate in timely manner.
• Awareness of local and national building codes and accessibility requirements.
• Awareness and understanding of standards, codes, technical ability.
• Participate in site visits.
• Take initiative on projects, and exhibit commitment to overall goals and deadlines set by project manager.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Training & Skills Required
• Undergraduate College Degree with an emphasis in Landscape Architecture required.
• Experience working on multiple projects at once.
• Proficiency with SketchUp, InDesign, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and hand drawing. Revit and Rhino are a plus.
• Ability to explore design 3-dimensionally.
• Awareness of sustainable design requirements of 3rd party rating systems to a project (such as SITES, LEED BD+C / LEED ND, Living Building Challenge, Evergreen Standards, BuiltGreen).
• Must be able to work independently, in small groups, and large groups.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible.
Who are we looking for?
The individual we are looking will have 2-4 years of experience in a professional design or Architecture setting working with experience in our core markets. Passion for the work and a commitment to an integrated design process are important in our culture.
What does this mean for your career?
Our employees are a talented mix of individuals who embody every aspect of an integrated practice, who are catalysts for community through an integrated, research based approach with sustainable design competency as a prerequisite. This means you will have the opportunity to align your long term career goals with a variety of projects and clients while working with teams from multiple markets.
Our salary range for this role is DOE and we offer an excellent benefit’s package! We offer the opportunity to join one of Seattle Business Magazines 100 Best Employers to Work For, activities such as our Thursday Crit’s, Emerging professionals, and weekly lunch ‘n’ learns. Other benefits include formal and informal mentorship, ORCA pass, bike parking and bike use, on-site gym, casual dress code, central downtown location, employee development programs including paid training, licensure reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K with matching, and more.
Send your resume and condensed portfolio (5MB or less) today and a brief paragraph of the requirements you fit.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com