San Francisco, CA
Scott Lewis Landscape Architecture (SLLA) is seeking candidates with 1 – 3 years experience to join our creative team in San Francisco.
The practice of Scott Lewis Landscape Architecture is founded on a distinct appreciation for each property’s unique characteristics. The firm’s philosophy is to combine an emphasis on site sensitivity with a clear understanding of client objectives, an appreciation of architectural intent and an interest in progressive materials. SLLA solutions both engage the user and enhance the landscape.
The office, established in San Francisco for over 20 years, has won numerous awards at the national and regional levels for our work in residential estates, private gardens, historic properties, roof gardens, and selected commercial and institutional sites throughout California and the West Coast.
To see examples of SLLA projects, please visit our website at www.sllasf.com.
We are looking for candidates who:
• Share our commitment to thoughtful, innovative design solutions appropriate to the site and to the associated architecture.
• Are eager to assist our team in the development of all phases of projects from conceptual design through construction.
• Want to learn as much as possible about materials, grading and collaboration with other professionals.
• Are committed to achieving a clear communication of the design intent through detailed documentation and illustration.
• Are interested in immersing themselves in the design, documentation process and field observation of projects.
• Can work cheerfully and effectively in a small-team setting.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
Education: bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program.
Experience: 1 – 3 years in a landscape architectural design office.
• Demonstrated experience in the following programs: AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in Rhino and Revit a plus.
• Basic understanding and experience in typical documentation during the design development and construction documentation phases.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Hand drawing and sketching ability is a plus.
What to expect:
The Landscape Designer will work closely with SLLA staff and the Principal throughout all phases of projects. Typical tasks will include:
• Participation on design charettes during conceptual design.
• Development of 3D studies during the design process.
• Assistance in development of character images to illustrate design intent. • Materials research.
• Production of design development drawings and construction documents while working with SLLA senior staff.
• Participation in field observation and production of field reports.
Please submit the following by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cover letter
• Portfolio of selected work samples. Digital portfolios should be in PDF format not exceeding 7 MB in size. Work samples should include AutoCAD drafting and 3D studies and renderings. A link to an online portfolio may be included but emailed applications without work samples directly attached in PDF format as described above will not be considered.
This is a full-time position. Compensation will be commensurate with level of experience. Successful candidates must be able to provide proof of authorization to legally work in the US. SLLA is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
No phone calls, please.