Farm design llc is looking for both entry level and experienced Landscape Architects to join our team.
Farm design llc. is a landscape design firm based in Wainscott, NY. Founded by Abby Lawless. We focus on residential design working with internationally known Architects throughout the NYC area. We provide design services for diverse array of projects, from city rooftops, to residential estates. For examples of our work please visit www.farmdesignllc.com. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves being actively involved with all aspects of the job. We love being outdoors and on site. This is a beautiful area to live, work and play.
Experienced Candidate/Project Manager Skills:
1. 3-5 years experience working as a Project Manager for a wide range of residential and/or commercial projects.
2. Computer Skills: AutoCAD, Mircosoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp or other 3D software (We are a Mac based office).
3. Experience with all aspects of Landscape Design Services from Schematic Design and Presentations through Construction Observation.
4. Experience preparing and drafting Construction Documents & Specifications.
5. Strong familiarity and understanding of Construction Practices, Building Methods, and Codes.
6. Knowledge and Experience preparing RFPs and Budgets.
7. Ability to coordinate Multiple Projects and Deadlines.
8. Responsible, hard working, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
9. Professional friendly demeanor, as well as excellent verbal and written skills.
10. A great design Aesthetic
Entry Level Candidate Skills
1. Proficiency in Auto Cad, Adobe Creative suite, Microsoft Office and Sketch Up
2. Excellent graphic skills
3. Knowledge of landscape installation and maintenance requirements
4. Experience with plants and planting
5. Familiarity of local building materials and their construction
6. Strong communication and organizational skills
7. Responsible, self motivated and detail oriented
Education: Degree in Landscape Architecture or Architecture.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits package
Please submit a PDF of your portfolio, no larger than 8 MB, as well as a resume, and cover letter.