Landscape Architect / Landscape Designer
MIG, Inc. is a national planning, design, management, communications and technology firm with nearly 250 employees in 14 US offices. Our Denver office is seeking a creative, experienced Landscape Designer/Architect to join our multi-disciplinary team.
This person will assist in the production of full construction document sets for a range of public/private sector project types and should have substantial experience with AutoCAD in a professional setting as well as client and partner communication. The primary responsibilities of this position include the production of planting plans, amenities for public spaces, hardscape design, and drafting construction details. Additional responsibilities may include providing sub-consultant and client coordination, attending meetings, producing graphics, community outreach and engagement, and potentially taking a Project Management role in collaboration with the Landscape Studio and Urban Designers.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open work environment, and maintain a sense of humor. Our employees share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work.
Specific Tasks / Responsibilities:
The overarching task for this position is to help our landscape architecture team with project work. This includes a range of tasks, and no day will be the same. Some examples include:
• Ability to organize and produce complete construction document drawing sets
• Producing illustrative site plan and site detail graphics for city submittals, client meetings, and public open houses
• Aesthetic detailing for site amenities and public spaces
• Streetscape design and product research
• Landscape design for new projects, retrofitting an existing site, or updating an existing plan
• Assist in developing estimates of probable construction costs.
• Parks planning, design, product research, and detailing
• Planting design
• Creek restoration
• Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or related field. Master’s degree in complementary field highly preferred.
• At least 3-5 years of work experience in the discipline required.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
• Ability to speak in front of groups and facilitate small and large group discussions.
• Desired skills: Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch Up. Hand-drawn graphic skills are a plus.
Please email your resume, cover letter and samples of work to: Roxanne Evanoff at Denveremail@example.com
Salary is commensurate with experience. MIG provides a comprehensive benefits program and is an equal opportunity employer.