CAD programs have the ability to extract data from simple geometry, such as lines and polygons. However, with the right software tools, you can also create, model, and present within one application, as well as analyze, report, and select materials more appropriately.
The intuitive processes mentioned in this session will address the Areas of Focus, such as soils, hydrology, vegetation, materials, and human well-being, as proposed in the Sustainable Sites Initiative: Guidelines and Performance Benchmarks 2009 by the Sustainable Sites Initiative.
- Understand the five Areas of Focus as proposed by the Sustainable Sites Initiative.
- Learn how purpose-built site analysis tools, such as Digital Terrain Modeling (DTM) and GIS file integration, can make conceptual and preliminary site plans easier to design.
- Learn how tools, including the multifaceted Landscape Area Object, Site Modifier Objects, 2D/3D Plant Data Objects, Plant Database, Solar Animation, Custom Reports, and many others, can be essential in meeting the expectations of a sustainable site.
This session qualifies for LA CES Credit. Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. is an approved provider of the Landscape Architect Continuing Education System.
Those seeking a certificate of completion or LA CES or APLD members seeking CEUs, please follow the instructions below to test.com.
- Copy and paste this link into your browser: http://tinyurl.com/sustsites1. If you already have a test.com account, please log-in with your user name and password and you will be automatically redirected to the testing page.
- If you do not have an account, please create one by clicking “Need to create a new user account?”
- Create a username and password and fill in the requested information and click “Create New User” at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next page, please fill in your association (AIA, ASLA, APLD or None).
- Click, “Click here to take a test.” You will then be redirected.
- Click the "Start Taking this Test" button at the bottom of the screen and begin.
Your certificate of completion will display after completing your test and will also be emailed to you.
For questions or issues logging into test.com, please email email@example.com.