Question about program at UVA

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums EDUCATION Question about program at UVA

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leslie B Wagle 4 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Leslie B Wagle
    Participant

I have encountered someone who lists education as 2 years getting a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Landscape Design at UVA.

However, the school’s department website lists no such thing. It was supposed to be from 2002-2004 so things could have changed, but the person’s earier background doesn’t suggest there would have been a lot of transferrable courses to cut down the time involved.

Can anyone shed light on this, and do you think it involves some exaggeration?

Andrew Garulay, RLA
    Participant

Leslie B Wagle
    Participant

Thanks. I still don’t see a single course in landscape design, and the person cites a “Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Environmental studies” from another country, so don’t think UVA was used for the planning part of its program.

Leslie B Wagle
    Participant

Also the person isn’t licensed in the state, but claims to have been “practicing landscape architecture” for some years, and is listed on an internet business list that way. I am always torn by these discoveries, knowing how hard other people work to do it right. I guess it’s none of my business since the person has “happy customers” and it doesn’t directly affect me and was accidentally stumbled upon. What do other people think of the obligation here? Pass it along to the Board in the same state (one LA in the same city has a very similar firm name in fact) or assume they already know?

Leslie B Wagle
    Participant

OK, had time to look more carefully at this, never saw a program like it. The first 2 years were professional preparation, then one would enter a concentration, and at that point could chose LA/planning. So there is some mystery if the person only took the first 2 years but it isn’t my region so will presume there was a deficiency for licensing but maybe not for minor level practicing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register