JOB OPENING: LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
3North is an award-winning, Unified Design firm with studios in Richmond, VA and San Francisco, CA. We believe great design only happens when multiple disciplines collaborate without walls or silos. That’s why we’ve spent the past 20 years building a firm of architects, landscape architects, interior designers, and graphic designers who work across disciplines toward an integrated project vision. In 2019, we were awarded with AIA Virginia’s Firm Award.
Our environment is fast-paced and collaborative, providing the opportunity to work across diverse project types, including hospitality, multi-family, cultural, corporate, and residential. We focus on creating opportunities for professional development, continuing education, and the cultivation of leadership skills for all our team members.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Landscape Architect with 4-8 years of high-caliber design and project management experience. We are looking for candidates with proven creativity and strong problem-solving skills from conceptual design through construction documentation that will help to expand the abilities and breadth of the growing landscape studio at 3North. The successful candidate will provide collaborative project leadership in all phases of design, technical development, and project management. Additional requirements are as follows:
- Participate in project management activities and client relations while working within a project team structure
- Prepare and manage drawing sets and presentation packages
- Conduct research and prepare construction details and specifications
- Carry out technical and project management assignments, including but not limited to project correspondence, cost estimates, etc.
- Prepare production of construction details and specifications; planting design, emphasizing sustainable planting techniques
- Participate in project meetings, on-site construction observation, prepare site reviews and analyses, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited College or University
- Licensed Landscape Architect preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in conceptual design through construction documents, CA experience is a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and in 3-D modeling programs such as Sketch-Up, Rhino or Revit
- Demonstrated experience across a variety of project types, design approaches and meeting deadlines
- Expertise in written, oral and graphic communication
- Expertise in reading, analyzing and interpreting professional literature, technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to collaboratively work across multiple design disciplines; lead & manage a team and prioritize work flows
This job can be performed remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Please submit cover letters, resumes and design portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com