Website Andropogon Associates
Founded over forty years ago, Andropogon is a landscape architecture and ecological design firm committed to the principle of “designing with nature,” creating beautiful and evocative landscapes inspired by the careful observation of natural processes and informed by the most recent environmental science. Please visit our website for additional Firm information.
Our offices in Philadelphia, PA and Raleigh, NC are expanding and seeking a talented person to help with a variety of high-profile projects. This position will work on multiple projects with a wide range of scale and character. The successful candidate will be energetic, self-directed, and have a professional demeanor with a constructive and positive attitude. This candidate must have the ability to thrive in fast-paced and fluid environments. They will also enjoy problem solving and must be able to effectively communicate design and production tasks to junior staff when required.
As a result of the COVID 19 pandemic, the tasks associated with this position will be accomplished in a hybrid work environment (Office-based + Work-from-Home). Company-wide office protocols and protection measures have also been implemented to ensure the health and safety of all staff while in the office.
Please provide a portfolio of work, including examples of technical drawings, specifications, and any built work along with a resume and professional references. Applicants who do not meet the minimum professional experience level or technical skills will not be considered.
- Minimum 15 years professional experience in the field of landscape architecture, architecture, civil/environmental engineering and/or construction management.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with peers, and other disciplines, clients, in a friendly, responsive and professional manner.
- Have a strong knowledge of construction practices to effectively oversee the preparation of construction document sets including hardscape, plant materials, specifications, and bidding documents.
- A passion for sustainability and environmentally sensitive design.
- Understanding of pertinent federal, state, and local codes/regulations including City of Philadelphia, International Building Code, and ADA.
- Familiarity with Living Building Challenge, LEED, and Sustainable Sites Initiative are a plus
- Fluent with AutoCAD and the Microsoft suite,Newforma, ProCore, e-Builder, Prolog, and Adobe suite skills also a plus.
- Experience with specification-writing software (Deltek or other).
- Pennsylvania and/or North Carolina PLA and/or PE licensure a plus.
- Work directly with associates and principals to facilitate creative problem solving and advance project through construction.
- Assist with technical and administration duties associated with project management.
- Develop and mentor junior staff with construction administration, specification writing and assembly of Construction Document packages.
- Work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously, utilizing organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Maintain and develop company document standards.
- Manage the company material library.
- Review all design development and construction documents for quality control and compliance with applicable codes and Andropogon standards.
- Write and manage specifications for all projects.
Undergraduate or graduate degree from accredited institution in Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Resource Engineering, Construction Management or related field
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@andropogon.com