Website David Thorne Landscape Architect
Specializes in custom residential landscape architecture
DESIGN ASSOCIATE 1
Oakland, CA – Temporarily Remote Due to Covid-19
David Thorne Landscape Architect is an award-winning design firm that specializes in custom residential landscape architecture throughout the Bay Area. We are seeking a proactive Design Associate to join our dynamic team. We have a collaborative office culture and we partner closely with our clients, architects and other design professionals to create beautiful landscapes. Our office overlooks a vibrant garden courtyard in the Grand Lake district of Oakland. To learn more about our work visit our website www.thornela.com or instagram @davidthornelandscape
- The Design Associate provides support to the senior associates, principal, and other designers in creating beautiful and functional landscapes for our DTLA clientele. They will collaborate closely with the principal David Thorne and DTLA employees, in order to bring the firm’s designs to fruition.
- Primary function of position is drafting support and document preparation for landscape design services in specific phases of work including: Site Analysis, Schematic Design, Bidding Documents and Coordination, Design Review Documents and Construction Documents,
- Collaboration w/ and assistance to Principal + Senior Associates; aid team in meeting deadlines
- Administrative responsibilities such as time tracking; billable hours reporting, and project file management
- Periodic travel to site visits as needed
- We are a fast-paced office so the Design Associate must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- 1-3 years’ experience practicing residential landscape architecture preferred
- Vectorworks drafting proficiency a must
- Microsoft Office, PC proficiency
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency, SketchUp preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Positive, friendly disposition and a sense of humor is appreciated
- Familiarity with building and planning codes + construction experience is a plus
- Horticultural knowledge including CA natives, plant identification a plus
- Beginners knowledge of landscape design principles, irrigation and lighting systems, construction principles, grading and drainage
- Personable, values working as a team, strong communication skills
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritize and delegate
- Creative and curious; solution oriented
- Efficient, organized, and detail oriented
- Access to reliable transportation and willingness to visit sites in the greater Bay Area on an as needed basis required
Position is Full Time.
Full-time Benefits include: PTO, 401(k), Health Insurance, Continuing Education Reimbursements. Compensation DOE.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com