Our mission is to create a more livable built environment.
DeepRoot Marketing Director
DeepRoot is a green infrastructure manufacturer advancing the integration of trees, soils, and stormwater in the built environment. We’re a growing organization with a strong track record of projects across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. The company headquarters are in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Minneapolis, MN, Vancouver, Canada, and London, England. Our sales process is complex and our clients range from engineers and landscape architects to cities, universities, hospitals, developers, contractors, and distributors.
The Marketing Director is an experienced marketing professional who with energy, creativity, and savvy, will lead the development and implementation of a marketing and communication strategy that will attract, engage, and retain customers for DeepRoot products and services. This person understands a multistep sales process with a diverse set of stakeholders and end users.
The person who will thrive in this role enjoys both big-picture strategy and the actual creation of content. A given week could include anything from developing marketing strategies for specific geographies in multiple countries, to writing or editing blog posts, to interviewing contractors to better understand how to create the next installation ‘how to’ manual. We have undertaken initiatives in the past like our blog, which became the dominant driver of traffic to our website and is an industry-wide resource, our podcast and a series of impactful webinars. We are looking for someone who has a similar drive and ability to conceive and develop new, impactful projects to drive leads and sales growth.
The right person will be hands-on, highly organized, and motivated to contribute to building DeepRoot as a growing business. They’re collaborative, a hard worker, and a little competitive. They have a proven track record developing the voice and visual identity of a business, a strong editorial muscle, and an ability to discern how to turn information into content. They are an excellent written and spoken communicator. They understand the nature of the product lifecycle overtime and how the messaging changes with that arc. They are a true believer in DeepRoot and committed to representing our voice, perspective, and approach across various platforms and to a diverse audience.
We are location flexible! Travel to our Minneapolis and/or San Francisco offices is required based on business needs.
– Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan that will support sales growth targets, broaden awareness of its products, support and position the launch of new products, and grow our pool of customers.
– Conceive, write, and edit various types of content, including product launch materials, case studies, blog posts, sales presentations, technical training manuals, social media posts, and more.
– Manage the design, development, and distribution of all print and electronic materials.
– Support and lead key communications and marketing-oriented partnerships with internal sales and technical teams, product development team, operations and outside partners like owners and distributors.
– Pitch media coverage as needed.
– Build relationships with our user base to leverage into sales and lead generation materials, case studies, webinars, and other forms of meaningful content.
– With our internal team and partners, guide and oversee the implementation and periodic review of DeepRoot’s online strategy, including its website.
– With our internal team, evaluate and manage paid marketing opportunities.
– With our internal team, evaluate and manage email outreach/lead generation and conversion, and social media
– With our internal team, track metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and adaptively manage their design.
– Contribute to the bottom line through the creation of materials to drive acquisition, and retention of customers.
– Thoughtfully manage and nurture the marketing team members and close vendor relationships, including a digital marketing consultant.
– Collaborate deeply with other members of the DeepRoot team to align sales trends with marketing efforts.
– Integrate with all aspects of the company from sales to manufacturing to business development to ensure comprehensive understanding of the full business and sales cycle.
Experience and Skills
– 10+ years of marketing/communications experience, preferably in a leadership role.
– A strong combination of strategic and creative vision anchored in pragmatic solutions adapted to a small team.
– Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to transform technical information and products into compelling messages.
– Excellent project management skills with superior attention to detail and an eye for creativity/design.
– The ability to transform project data and customer insights into relevant marketing strategies.
– Demonstrated experience in social media and understanding of SEO techniques, as well as print and other forms of electronic communications.
– Competency with various software and digital tools to support marketing functions (Salesforce, Google Analytics, WordPress, Adobe Premiere Elements, etc.).
– Highly collaborative style and strong interpersonal skills to thrive in a collaborative, flat, team-oriented culture.
– Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
– A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of initiatives concurrently.
– Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial.
– Willingness to work at all levels.
– Experience and/or enjoyment of small business atmosphere.
– Integrity and a passion for what DeepRoot does.
Reports To: Director of Business Development
Supervises: Marketing Team of 1-3
Benefits: The position is full-time and will include health, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick time, and retirement benefits. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to jobsMPLS@deeproot.com