DesignWorks is an international Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Planning firm, located in, and inspired by the landscape and urban form of Charleston, SC. Our work focuses on creating life-enriching places that meld environmental enhancement, stewardship and social engagement.
While primarily focused on projects in the southeast region of the United States, our firm has also worked in Europe, Central America and throughout thirty states. Currently our projects are mostly concentrated around the urban scape of Charleston, SC. They include urban parks, urban master plans, resorts, campus planning, mixed use developments, as well as ecological and resiliency planning.
We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic candidate with 7-15 years of professional experience for a Project Manager/Landscape Architect position. Responsibilities will include assisting the design team with master planning, conceptual site design, graphic representation, construction documentation/detailing and construction administration.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- Ability to multi-task under rigid deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Amazing organizational and time management skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit
Working with us, you will:
- Supervise the preparation of landscape architectural drawings for all project phases
- Work in a small collaborative, integrated environment, teaming with other design professionals to compile data and prepare design solutions
- Establish and manage project budgets and schedules
- Advise team members and others in the application of landscape architectural standards and guidelines
- Manage contractor and client relations during construction for large complex projects in-office and on site
- Create design presentations for client representatives and/or design review committees
- Participate in design meetings, work sessions and public forums
- Consult with product manufacturers, evaluate and select construction materials
- Assist in editing technical specifications and reviewing shop drawings
- Participate in marketing efforts including proposal development, interview participation and presentations (this includes proposal writing and scope and fee negotiation), and special events
- Participate in the recruitment and interviewing process as requested
- Regularly visit Charleston area construction sites to gather information, review design intent, and inform Team
- Occasionally travel outside of the Charleston area
DesignWorks offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package including group health insurance, matching 401(k), continuing education reimbursement, excellent work/life balance, PTO, and off-site office parking. While remote working is available, this position will primarily work from our downtown historic second story storefront office on King Street.
Please send portfolios and resume to Alison Schmidt, email@example.com. No office visits or phone calls please.
DesignWorks is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org