The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm in Seattle and Los Angeles, seeks a Landscape Architect for our Los Angeles location.
GGLO designs distinct places where people connect and thrive.
We are an innovative firm designing buildings, landscapes, and places that weave together a vibrant mix of uses to embrace the communities in which we work. Our dynamic team of interdisciplinary professionals crafts solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs and the context of our projects, and by pursuing new ways of thinking about the future. We are recognized in the design community for the quality and thoughtfulness of our work, and for being focused on outcomes that build healthy communities and cities.
Professional Knowledge & Experience
· 8-10 years of experience, including 3 years of experience in the Los Angeles Area
· Landscape Architect license (in California)
· Proven ability to develop high quality design
· Able to innovate and provide solution-based problem solving
· Able to promote decisiveness and standards of excellence resulting in higher productivity, accountability, and quality of GGLO’s performance
· Knowledge of the phases of the design process and construction
· Knowledge of material and detailing
· Knowledge of code and regulations governing the industry and ability to perform research
· Knowledge of the parts and purpose of drafted documents and specifications
· Proficiency in SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Windows-based programs
· Knowledge of Revit, GIS, Rhino, Grasshopper and 3D Studio Max
· Ability to hand draft and draw freehand
· Understands and can articulate how to solve unusual or complex design issues
· Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
· LEED AP preferred
We offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, flexible schedules, remote work, generous time off, ORCA commuter passes, bicycle parking, office bicycles for use, casual dress code, relaxed atmosphere, pet friendly atmosphere, indoor gym, pool, sauna, summer concert series in our outdoor space, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, annual Profit Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.