Website Ground Studio
Ground Studio is an award-winning landscape architecture studio with offices in Monterey and Napa, California. Our work celebrates the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management, and superior service. Our process is rooted in collaboration, and team members are involved throughout the project duration, from design conception to details, demanding dedicated engagement in the entire process. Visit http://groundstudio.com for an overview of our work.
We are seeking candidates for a unique position in our firm that emphasizes graphic production for our studio marketing as well as for our typical landscape design process. Landscape Architecture education as well as substantial graphic design experience is critical to this position. An aptitude for Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop with an eye for graphic presentation is essential. This hybrid position would provide landscape design assistance to project teams, while working under the studio director to maintain the graphic identity of Ground Studio in all marketing materials. The amount of time devoted to each will vary with studio needs.
- Progressive graphic skills and an aptitude for digital media and software.
- Maintain graphic identity of Ground Studio throughout marketing materials
- Organizing marketing images, photo shoots, digital and print publications
- Work directly under the project managers in a supportive role producing site analysis drawings, conducting project research, creating schematic design presentations, 2D graphics, 3D digital models, construction documents, and presentation materials.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement in the performance of duties
- Assist with client meetings and site reconnaissance
- A general understanding of the basic principles of landscape architecture is required, including site design, grading and drainage, plant material, working drawings, construction materials and construction detailing
A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or Architecture. This is an entry-level to three years of experience position, with opportunity for professional growth.
SKILLS REQUIRED IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Mac OSX – we are a Mac based office
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Vectorworks Landmark 2020 experience or an ability to learn this program quickly
- HTML coding / backend website management a plus but not required
- Hand sketching and lettering
- MS Office Suite
Please email resume, cover letter, and portfolio/samples of relevant work in PDF format (up to 25MB, link to download if larger) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “ Assistant Landscape Designer/Marketing Support” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com