Website GROUND STUDIO
GROUND STUDIO is an award-winning landscape architecture studio with offices in Monterey and Napa and – coming soon – Santa Barbara, California. Our work celebrates the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management, and superior service. Our process is rooted in collaboration, and team members are involved throughout the project duration, from design conception to details, demanding dedicated engagement in the entire process. Visit our website for an overview of our work.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Design Staff to join our offices in beautiful Monterey and Santa Barbara. We are looking for designers who are driven, passionate about their work, deadline oriented, articulate, and responsive to a collaborative design environment.
- Work directly under the project managers in a supportive role producing site analysis drawings, conducting project research, creating schematic design presentations, 2D graphics, 3D digital models, construction documents, and presentation materials.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
- Assist with client meetings and site reconnaissance
- A general understanding of the basic principles of landscape architecture is required, including:
- site design
- grading and drainage
- plant material
- working drawings
- construction materials
- construction details
- Progressive graphic skills and an aptitude for digital media and software:
- MAC OSX – we are a MAC based office
- VectorWorks Landmark 2020
- MS Office Suite
- Adobe Design Suite
- Hand sketching and lettering
A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or Architecture. This is an entry-level to three years of experience position, with opportunity for professional growth.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, insurance; medical, dental, vision, and term life, plus participation in a retirement (401k) plan and bonus program.
- Please email resume, cover letter, and portfolio/samples of relevant work in PDF format (up to 25MB, link to download if larger) to email@example.com.
- Include “Design Staff” in the subject line.
- No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org