Website Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc
Founded in Portland, Oregon in 1990, Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc. (HHPR) is a firm of engineers, planners, landscape architects, and surveyors who provide integrated services for transportation, utility, and water infrastructure; public/private site development, and recreational parks and trails facilities.
With a staff of 107, we serve clients across Oregon and southwestern Washington from our offices in Portland, Salem, Bend and Vancouver, Washington.
Our culture is one of dedicated individuals who take our clients’ needs seriously while having fun. We support our teammates’ aspirations and provide the opportunity to achieve professional and personal goals. We are respectful of individuals’ personal lives and strive for an efficient and effective work life balance. It is because of this our employees have distinguished us with both national and regional awards for one of the Best Firms to Work For.
What we are seeking
Our Landscape Architecture Department specializes in sustainable design solutions for a wide variety of public and private work and is currently seeking an individual who will work well within a team environment, respond effectively to multiple deadlines, and provide creative solutions for our clients.
·Work with team members to generate landscape concepts, site analysis, design details and construction level documentation for public and private projects.
· Research construction methods, materials, and other project requirements.
· Prepare presentation level graphics for team and public meetings, master planning documents and proposals.
· Assist with preparation for projects meetings with clients and contractors. Provide written documentation for site visits and construction administration duties.
· Conduct project site visits as needed, documenting existing conditions and reconnaissance
· Have a general knowledge of plant material, grading, site design and layout, construction detailing and construction drawings formats.
· Entry level candidate with 0-3 years relevant experience.
· Refined graphics capabilities, both hand drawing and digital.
· Interest in plants, construction methods and materials
· Willingness to work on a variety of projects
· Effective communicator with strong written, verbal, design, and graphic skills
· Adaptable team player, self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
· Organized and agile within a dynamic work environment
· Experience with erosion control, stormwater treatment facilities and mitigation projects a plus.
· Experience using AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, and other graphics software.
License and Education
· Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits which include company contribution to employee 401(K) Retirement plan without requiring a match. Company pays 100% of the premiums for employee and dependents Health, Alternative Care, Vision and Dental benefits. Includes LTD benefits, life insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay, with an opportunity for company stock ownership.
HHPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in the process of apply or interviewing due to a disability, please let us know.
Send resume and cover letter to HHPR Application
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.