Website Kathryn Herman Design, LLC
Kathryn Herman Design (www.kathrynhermandesign.com) is an award-winning and nationally recognized landscape design firm based in New Canaan, CT. We specialize in private residential projects throughout the United States and abroad that are sophisticated and inspired. Our team of landscape architects and designers strive to create compelling outdoor spaces that are not only functional and site specific, but uniquely customized to our client’s needs.
We are seeking passionate and creative applicants eager to join a collaborative team of dedicated professionals. Candidates will have the opportunity to work directly with clients as part of our team along with allied professionals including architects, interior designers and engineers to see projects through from initiation to construction. We value applicants who have a positive attitude, work well with others, are self-starters, have a working knowledge of horticulture, and thrive in all aspects of the design process.
A BLA or MLA is preferred, however any relevant professional experience will be considered. Candidates will have sound judgment, be exceptionally organized and able to manage their time and priorities across numerous projects. Applicants should have 2-4 years of professional experience in landscape design and project management.
Competitive salary offers will be commensurate with ability and experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical and 401k. Our light-filled studio space is located across from the Metro North train line in downtown New Canaan, providing convenient access to public transportation, restaurants and shops.
· Collaborate with Principal and senior staff on schematic designs
· Prepare presentation graphics and participate in client presentations
· Prepare construction documentation and assemble bid documents
· Project management including construction administration and meetings with clients/allied professionals
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Required proficiency in AutoCAD for PC, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and MS Office. Proficiency in digital modeling software such as Trimble SketchUp and Lumion is favorable.
Please e-mail resume, cover letter and a PDF including work samples to email@example.com. No phone calls at this time, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org