Website KOMPAN, Inc
We build healthier and happier communities
Landscape Architect / Playground Designer (Entry Level)
The KOMPAN Design team is a dynamic group of professionals who create innovative and imaginative playgrounds and outdoor fitness areas. Research, form, and functionality are combined into solutions that are packaged with modern Scandinavian design. KOMPAN is a world leader in the Play Space industry and we are growing in the U.S. too. Currently, we are looking to hire a Landscape Architect / Playground Designer for our Austin office.
We’re looking for a colleague that can respond to our customers’ requests for site plans, permit drawings and solutions for a site. This includes developing the user flow through a site, accounting for how the site drains and drawing footing details for a construction crew. We work in a fast-paced environment with a lot of iterations on site plans as our sales team works with our customers. The Landscape Architect is tightly integrated with other teammates to create the plans and provide excellent service to the market.
Our ideal candidate has the following skills:
· Excellent proficiency in AutoCAD
· Knowledge of grading plans, topography, irrigation and utilities. Ability to read blueprints and as-builts
· Professional understanding of ASTM, ADA and CPSC and how they affect landscape architecture
· Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from a LAAB-accredited program
· At least 1 year of recent experience working in a landscape architecture firm
· Ability to develop layout plans from sketches and/or existing hard copy drawings where necessary
· Commitment to outstanding customer service
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· A penchant for details
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with little supervision
· Excellent “can-do” attitude and strong workplace professionalism
· Knowledge of 3DS Max, Sketchup and Adobe CC a plus, but not a must
· Passionate about creating fantastic playgrounds!
What is in it for you?
KOMPAN offers industry competitive salaries with an excellent health, vision, and dental plan. 401(k) matching. A brand new office in Austin, Texas. Our aim is to recruit you to the role at KOMPAN and then provide the culture and career path to keep you here. Our KOMPAN employees were not developed overnight. We provide training, mentoring, and plenty of time to get your mind around the role. Our culture is focused on achieving business goals through teamwork while maintaining a sustainable work/life balance.
If this sounds appealing to you, we would love to hear from you! Please include the link to your portfolio in your resume and/or cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.