We build the country's most inclusive and innovative playgrounds
With the incredible growth and expansion of Magical Bridge Playgrounds throughout the Bay Area (and beyond), our small and mighty team is looking to hire a Playground Landscape Architect in a project-contract (hourly) basis.
Be part of our MAGICAL team! We are seeking a landscape architect with a California state license (preferred) to design or willing to pursue one within the first two years of engagement. This position can be done remotely, although some onsite work will be required.
In addition to designing and building Magical Bridge Playgrounds in the Bay Area, we are expanding to schools, museums, hospitals, zoos, and even internationally- so this is an exciting opportunity to work with us as we grow.
* Promote the values of the Foundation which includes promoting inclusive play in public spaces, treating all with kindness, and intentionally designing for all ages, sizes and abilities.
* Meet and manage clients, builders, engineers and installers along with each phase of the project
* Prepare concept plans and graphics for client review
* Comfortable presenting to large community groups
* Prepare from conceptual master plans to technical site plan and construction documents, technical specifications, and cost opinions.
* Use CAD, Adobe Suit, Sketchup and other software to develop a graphic representation of the project and produce concept briefs, illustrations and construction documents.
* Conduct on-site construction observation, field reports and other design implementations activities to assure adherence to final plan.
*Research and analyze new materials, products and design trends based in universal design and inclusivity.
* Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture required but other disciplines are welcome to apply.
* Must be creative and resourceful to fulfill clients needs within budget and climate parameters
* Work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
* 5+ years of experience in a landscape architectural firm
*Experience working with municipalities, on multiyear projects preferred
* Experience with CAD is mandatory.
* Experience with Adobe Suite Products including Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design are highly desirable.
* Excellent analytical skills
* Proficient with computer-aided design and drafting
* Passionate about universal, inclusive and intentional design for ALL
If this sounds like your dream project working for our impactful nonprofit 501(c)(3) — that is making our community and world more welcoming for ALL — kindly email your resume along with hourly-salary requirements to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org