NLO Recruiter on behalf of Arterial
Are you looking to make a real difference in how streets and public spaces are shaped? So are we! Join a team of creative professionals in our boutique design studio located in the heart of Downtown Montclair. Walk to the NYC trains and buses, coffee shops, lunch and more while working on exciting and prestigious projects that impact the future of cities, towns and communities.
Our Urban Designers are responsible for planning, designing and implementing exciting and unique pedestrian experiences. Our Street Design Studio plans and designs cutting edge complete streets, bicycle networks and dynamic public spaces in the public and private realm. Our driven and creative team members work on multiple, diverse projects in a dynamic and collaborative studio environment.
We are committed to making a real difference in the communities that we work and expect an unwavering commitment to meeting deadlines while consistently exceeding our client’s expectations.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Positive energy and a drive to be creative and impact the future of our cities, towns and communities.
· 5-7 years demonstrated success in an Urban Designer, Landscape Architect or Urban Planner role with experience working with public and private clients designing streets and public spaces.
· A clear understanding of the elements of a great street. Working knowledge of bicycle facilities, pedestrian space, traffic calming, intersections and crossings, green infrastructure and the appropriate national and local guides.
· Advanced proficiency with Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Autocad and basic proficiency using SketchUp. Lumion or other rendering software a plus.
· Experience providing professional testimony for municipal Boards (i.e. Planning Board etc)
· Facilitating and organizing community outreach meetings and other innovative public engagement techniques.
· Excellent written and graphic communications skills applied to the preparation of reports, studies, ordinances etc.
· Project Management experience throughout all phases of a project.
· The ability to complete tasks with a sense of urgency and work under a deadline.
· Excellent organizational skills and an unquestionable attention to detail.
· The graphic and verbal communication skills required to manage and communicate ideas to clients, vendors and coworkers.
· Integrity, initiative, and a proven work ethic.
· NJ Professional Planner (PP), AICP or NJ Licensed Landscape Architect is a plus; or a clear strategy and path to become licensed.
Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is one of our core values. Our team members enjoy plenty of personal time including every other Friday off with our “9/80 work week” from May-October, their birthday off, a week off during the holidays and more.. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Candidates who submit a resume, portfolio samples (PDF or website link) AND reference job code 133ASD will be considered for the next step in the hiring process.
No calls or walk-ins, please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org