Website NYC Parks
NYC Parks is an award-winning city agency that designs, builds and preserves public spaces for New Yorkers to connect, play and enjoy. NYC Parks cares for 14% of the land in New York City, and a diverse array of structures sit on these public spaces including recreation centers, sporting facilities, historic houses, pool facilities, nature centers, marinas and comfort stations.
The Architecture unit in the Capital Division designs, restores and/or modernizes existing or new Parks structures, ranging from a new recreation center to a historic house renovation. This work impacts neighborhood growth, public health and recreation in communities throughout New York City.
NYC Parks offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, including pension, excellent health benefits, competitive vacation/sick days and a healthy work-life balance. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Under direction, develop designs and bid documents for new buildings and adaptive re-use of existing structures.
• Produce designs that result in elegant, efficiently constructed and durable buildings.
• Manage all phases of project development from scope definition through construction administration.
• Ensure assigned projects meet approved budgets and schedules.
• Produce high quality construction documents for bidding and construction.
• Develop construction estimates and project schedules for supervisor’s approval.
• When directed, manage consulting architects and engineers.
• Ensure all projects meet or exceed ADA requirements, NYC Building Code requirements and other applicable regulations.
• Develop “green” or sustainable design elements to implement into project work.
1. A valid New York State Registration as an Architect and four years of full-time architectural experience. A master’s degree in architecture from an accredited college will be accepted as equivalent to one year of full-time architectural experience. Registration must be maintained for the duration of your employment.
2. To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level Il, individuals must have at least one year within the last three years of experience as a major contributor or a project leader on a complex project requiring additional and specific expertise in the disciplines to design or construct the project.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
1. Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD.
2. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
3. Knowledge of and experience with NYC construction regulations.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
5. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint and 3D modeling programs.
6. A driver license valid in New York State.
Salary: $92,640 plus excellent benefits
Apply by: 10/08/21
Work Location: Olmsted Center Queens
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID# 482736.
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.
To apply for this job please visit www.nyc.gov.