Website NYC Parks
Title: Architectural Inspector
NYC Parks is an award-winning city agency that designs, builds and preserves public spaces for New Yorkers to connect, play and enjoy. NYC Parks cares for 14% of the land in New York City, and a diverse array of structures sit on these public spaces including recreation centers, sporting facilities, historic houses, pool facilities, nature centers, marinas and comfort stations.
To thoroughly understand the physical conditions of these assets, allocate resources and plan accordingly, NYC Parks has established a Capital Needs Assessment Team to perform proactive assessments. The ideal candidate for this position has the training and experience to adequately assess physical conditions and performances of park buildings and civil infrastructure. With meticulous attention to detail, the best candidate can multi-task, manage competing priorities and clearly communicate observations and structural defects noted in the field.
NYC Parks offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, including pension, excellent health benefits, competitive vacation/sick days and a healthy work-life balance.
• Under general supervision, perform physical assessments of NYC Parks’ physical assets, including buildings and civil infrastructure according to Agency guidelines, inspection protocols and state and local regulations.
• Conduct field inspections to identify structural defects, recommend interventions to improve overall asset condition and meet benchmark performance requirements.
• Prepare detailed reports to support condition assessment findings and certify inspection results against applicable building codes. Collect and capture additional asset information to build and improve upon the accuracy of NYC Parks’ asset inventories.
• Maintain inspection data using NYC Parks’ asset management software systems and analyze data to identify trends and monitor the effectiveness of NYC Parks’ proactive maintenance of assets.
• Engage in document research, investigations, architectural studies, examinations and testing relating to functions or activities of the Capital Needs Assessment Team.
• Collaborate with other Parks technical staff, including professional cost estimators to calculate and support cost/benefit ratios for the purposes of project prioritization and long-term capital planning.
1. A valid New York State Registration as an Architect and four years of full-time architectural experience. Registration must be maintained for the duration of your employment.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
1. Proficiency in Microsoft 365 and ArcGIS a plus.
2. Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
3. Strong knowledge of the NYC Construction Code, Americans with Disabilities Act requirements and Local Law mandates.
4. Detail-oriented and adept at conducting research and solving problems.
5. A driver license valid in New York State.
Salary: $$77,921 plus excellent benefits.
Apply by: 05/27/2022
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 530295
Work location: Olmsted Center, Queens
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.
THE CITY OF NEW YORK IS AN INCLUSIVE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO RECRUITING AND RETAINING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE AND PROVIDING A WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT IS FREE FROM DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT BASED UPON ANY LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS OR PROTECTED CHARACTERISTIC, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AN INDIVIDUAL’S SEX, RACE, COLOR, ETHNICITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, RELIGION, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, VETERAN STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY, OR PREGNANCY.
To apply for this job please visit www.nyc.gov.