Website NYC Parks & Recreation
NYC Parks is an award-winning city agency that designs, builds and preserves public spaces for New Yorkers to connect, play and enjoy. NYC Parks cares for 14% of the land in New York City, and a diverse array of structures sit on these public spaces. These structures include recreation centers, sporting facilities, historic houses, pool facilities, nature centers, marinas and comfort stations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.nyc.gov/parks
• Under supervision, serve as specifications liaison to in-house Landscape Architects and Project Managers. In collaboration with Project Designers, research and write specifications and recommend appropriate materials and construction techniques.
• Perform field investigations to monitor performance of specified products.
• Assist in the preparation of the Parks Standard Detail Drawings on AutoCAD.
• Research and develop materials and methods of construction. Identify and test new potential products and technologies. Assist others to find solutions to technical problems.
• Maintain database of standard and custom specifications.
• Evaluate consultant-prepared technical specifications.
• Review consultant-written custom specifications and upload in contract book generator.
• Serve as a technical expert. Participate as a committee member of the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM), which includes voting on technical specifications and recommended test methods. Remain informed of requirements and guidelines promulgated by other governing bodies including U.S. Access Board, Consumer Product Safety Commission and U.S. Department of Justice.
1. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and one year of full-time satisfactory experience in landscape architectural and one year of full-time satisfactory experience in landscape architectural work; or
2. A valid New York Registration as a Landscape Architect.
Note: Landscape Architects with out-of-state registration are welcome to apply provided that reciprocal New York State registration is obtained prior to hire.
Note: A motor vehicle driver license valid in New York State may be required for certain assignments. If required, this license must be maintained for the duration of the assignment.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
1. Excellent communication and writing skills.
2. Ability to conduct research, solve problems and pay attention to technical details.
3. Ability to read and interpret design and construction drawings and contract documents.
4. Experience in estimating.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD.
6. Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills.
Salary: $60,000 – $67,000 plus excellent benefits
Apply by 6/14/2019
Please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 387962
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.
To apply for this job please visit www.nyc.gov.