OEHME, VAN SWEDEN | OvS, an internationally recognized, award-winning landscape architecture firm located on historic Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, is seeking a qualified, dynamic, candidate with five to eight years of experience. The position requires a high level of design for a diversified mix of clients that includes government agencies, public institutions, businesses, and private residences.
The Associate Landscape Architect, working with the firm’s Principals and Senior Staff, will assume a leadership position on projects and direct staff members in defining and executing the project vision.
· Serve as a liaison to clients and external team members;
· Prepare and manage drawing sets and presentation packages;
· Carry out technical and administrative assignments such as tabulations and cost estimates;
· Prepare and manage team production of construction details and specifications;
· Proven ability to lead multidisciplinary teams;
· Lead and participate in project meetings;
· Carry out special projects and assignments;
· Demonstrated proven experience in construction observation, on-site management skills, and preparation of site reviews and analyses;
· Demonstrated proven shop drawing review skills;
· Serve as liaison to nursery trade;
· Manage and prepare monthly invoicing for clients.
· Have excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, marketing, and presentation skills;
· Demonstrated excellence in Conceptual Design through Construction Documents, including hand sketches, plans, and use of applications such as CAD, Sketch-Up, Revit, or 3-D Studio;
· Demonstrated excellence in presentation graphics programs such as the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop);
· Expertise in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from Principals, clients, and the general public;
· Expertise in written, oral, and graphic communication;
· Expertise in procuring, organizing, and coordinating landscape material delivery and installation;
· Strong self-motivation, including flexibility and resourcefulness;
· Expertise in business development and profitability management;
· Licensure required, and LEED accreditation preferred.
Send resume, references, and portfolio examples as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Landscape Architect: 5-8 Years’ Experience as the subject line. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com