Website Out Teach
About Out Teach
Out Teach believes that education in the United States needs to be re-imagined to better serve students of all backgrounds, especially those from our most vulnerable communities. STEM careers are some of the fastest-growing and highest-paying jobs today, presenting both access to economic mobility, and in the absence of impactful Science education, a driver of inequality and lack of diversity in the STEM workforce pipeline. Out Teach works with schools, districts, and community partners to engage students in meaningful, real-world learning that opens access to STEM opportunities from an early age. Outdoor learning – particularly when infused with a science curriculum – is a proven solution for unlocking student achievement. Out Teach provides personalized training and ongoing support to teachers using the outdoors for effective, hands-on instruction. This ultimately improves the overall quality and quantity of science in the school day, leading to improved student outcomes in STEM, 21st Century Skills, Social & Emotional Learning, and beyond.
This is an exciting and critical time to join the Out Teach team. Within the past five years, Out Teach has expanded its reach from one to four geographic regions – Texas, the Mid-Atlantic, the Carolinas, and Southeast – and launched a bold new strategic plan that emphasizes depth and access to Out Teach’s program. Now, more than ever, school districts across the country see a need for safe and effective outdoor learning. Out Teach fills that gap.
For more information about Out Teach, please visit www.out-teach.org.
About the Job
Out Teach seeks a mission-oriented entrepreneurial Director, Landscape Architecture, Outdoor Classrooms with a track record of proven leadership to develop a strategic vision for the national expansion of our services. The ideal candidate is a Landscape Architect with experience in both the design and construction of outdoor learning spaces. In addition to providing excellent management to our Project Management Team, the Director, Landscape Architecture, Outdoor Classrooms is a brand ambassador, representing Out Teach to a wide variety of external constituents, such as school communities, volunteers, vendors, and funders.
- A four-year college degree in a similar field of study and/or equivalent work experience; PLA or RLA certification or degree in landscape architecture
- Knowledge of permitting process and ability to navigate the process or coach others to do so in new communities
- Experience in strategic guidance and business development
- Proven ability to embody strong leadership and oversee a team to ensure high-quality programming
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and successful implementation of products and services
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment and lead expansion in a growing organization
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.