Website PETERSEN STUDIO
PETERSEN STUDIO is seeking a highly motivated Landscape Architect with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience to fortify and expand our growing design practice. As a critical member of the PS team, the candidate should have strong design skills and desire to become a studio leader. Clear communication and ability to prioritize tasks and track issues will be of paramount importance.
PETERSEN STUDIO is selective in pursuing commissions that we believe have the capacity to positively impact our shared urban environment while advancing the profession. We are currently leading the design of a $47M waterfront park on Chula Vista’s bayfront, a 20-acre tech/R&D campus on San Francisco’s bayfront, several high-rise residential projects in the Bay Area, and a high-profile adaptive reuse project in San Francisco’s Union Square.
Our office is located in the Financial District in downtown San Francisco, but due to COVID, we are temporarily working remotely. We anticipate that the applicant will work remotely until it is advisable to begin working in the office again. With this in mind, the applicant should be self-motivated and able to develop and advance daily work independently and share their progress during regular virtual team meetings. PS will provide all hardware and software required for remote work.
- 5 years Professional Office Experience Minimum
- MLA preferred
- Familiarity and experience working on landscape projects of scale and complexity similar to the work we do
- An understanding of the importance of “taking ownership” of the management and design of projects
- Strong design and communication skills
- Experience and proficiency in Construction Documentation
- Understanding of appropriate level of detail for different phases of design and documentation
- Ability to coordinate work with outside consultants and knowledge of how to ask the right questions
- Experience with landscape architecture projects over structure
- Interest in landscape technology and high-quality detailing
- Ability to prioritize tasks and track overall project schedule and deadlines
- Knowledge of planting, grading, and landscape materiality
- Flexibility to multi-task in a dynamic, small, yet growth-oriented studio environment
- Responsive and responsible
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- SketchUp or Rhino
- MS Office Suite
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org