Website RLA (Ridge Landscape Architects)
JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER
RLA is an established, solution-oriented landscape architecture design firm with a wide variety of project types. Our current workload includes office, industrial, hospitality, retail, education and housing. Our office, with a staff of thirteen people, is located in Irvine, California.
We are looking for a project manager to join our team who is creative, motivated and enthusiastic. The position provides an opportunity to work on projects from conceptual design through project construction. Candidates should be self-motivated, highly organized and possess good communication skills with strength in design, graphics, project management, and construction document preparation as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including paid vacation and sick leave, insurance; medical, dental, vision and life, plus participation a retirement (401k) plan.
Candidates should possess an undergraduate or graduate degree in Landscape Architecture and a minimum 4+ experience in a landscape architecture office. The position requires a good knowledge of California plant material and landscape construction. Proficiency in AutoCAD is required as well as a basic knowledge of Sketch-Up, Bluebeam, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and MS Office Suite.
Responsibilities include providing technical design and project management for a variety of project types and supervising and directing support staff in production of design and construction documents. A thorough understanding of plant material, construction materials and methods, and agency submittal process is required. Coordinates and interfaces directly with client and consultant team. Educates and mentors support staff. Manages workflow and scheduling of staff to meet deadlines.
· Responsible for production of design and construction documents.
· Meetings with clients and project team.
· Coordinates agency submittals.
· Research materials and methods appropriate for projects.
· Performs construction field observation, responds to RFI’s and submittals.
· Directs, educates and mentors support staff.
· Manages workflow and scheduling of staff to meet deadlines.
PERFORMANCE STANDARD AND SKILLS
· Excellent graphic, oral and written communication skills
· Clear, courteous and concise communication with staff
· Organized, self-disciplined, creative and motivated
· Good collaborator in team environment
· Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the following software applications:
- MS Office Suite
· Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or related field
· Proficient in preparation of design and construction documents
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org