Website Rose Hills Memorial Park
Cemetery Development Department
Job Title: Construction Project Supervisor
Assist the Director of Cemetery Development and the Construction and Special Projects Manager with the construction management of complex projects during all phases of construction. Project management services include: report generation, site meeting management, review construction documents, and prepare budgets and timelines. Assist in the coordination of cemetery construction services with sales, parks, funeral services, vendors, and contractor communications. Construction Project Supervisor will assume these responsibilities and others while delivering a high quality of service and project deliverables while staying on schedule and within budget.
- AutoCAD production of Construction Documents, Specifications, Bid documents, etc
- Assist in the management of the General Contractor through design, bidding, contracts, and construction administration.
- Provide weekly reports containing budgets, change orders, potential risks, contingency and allowance reconciliations, construction schedules.
- Conduct systematic overview of construction activities relating to scheduling, quality, costs, design, and construction methodology as well as controls.
- Assist in the functions of estimating, budgeting, design, plans, specifications, contracting, scheduling, negotiations, purchasing, value engineering, cost and quality control.
- Monitor the project scope management process for any change requests.
- Perform daily project site visits including: observe substantial plan compliance, observe cemetery standards during construction, take pictures, assist with agency visits, coordinate consultant services, and assist Parks Services with Interment and Funeral Services coordination.
- Knowledge of Cemetery organizational policies and procedures. Knowledge of fiscal management. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday and/or complex construction issues.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, scope of work and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to adjust plans and schedules to respond to project conditions, crisis situations and to withstand pressure from changing needs of company executives.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously, prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret construction documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to work on the grounds and be exposed to all aspects of an active cemetery and funeral home business.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Independent: Ability to perform assigned tasks or projects with little supervision.
- Technical: AutoCAD Release 19/20 training and drafting experience.
- Project Management: Has the discipline to organize detailed plans, files, and exhibits to ensure all aspects of a project are considered and executed.
- Drive company vehicles on cemetery property.
- Observe undeveloped and construction properties on foot without special assistance or access.
- Position will require periods of time on jobsites, outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Exercises Insightful Judgment: Recognizes broader implications of issues and makes decisions on sound logic and rationale. Integrates information from a variety of resources and perspectives to arrive at optimal solutions.
- Open Communication: Seeks ongoing feedback, clarification and instruction from management. Proactively reports important or detrimental information.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Landscape Architecture/Construction Management College Degree with minimum of five years’ successful project management, leadership and implementation experience, or preferred Cemetery Construction Project Supervisor with five years implementation leadership experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe Suite, Project Management and Scheduling Software. Outlook and Internet efficient.
- Experience in current cemetery garden, mausoleum, lawn crypt, and road design construction and interment industry standards preferred.
- Industry knowledge of irrigation equipment, erosion control, geotechnical stability, earth movement, survey techniques, hand and computer graphics, local horticulture, grounds maintenance and roadway infrastructure.
- Understanding of project development and management: from design, cost estimation, construction documents, RFPs, vendor management, construction over-sight, quality assurance, permits, to record retention.
- Understand the process required to obtain entitlements and permits.
- Understand environmental regulations and maintain reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
For additional information please contact Jaciel Camacho, Manager of Recruitment and Training, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562)463-4566. Thank you for you interest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com