site design group, ltd. (site) is a creative landscape architecture and urban design firm located in Chicago, Illinois. In our 29 years in business, we have made our name in Chicago and throughout the United States for our leadership and innovation in landscape architecture and urban design, commitment to design excellence, and out-of-the-box, creative process. As landscape architects, arborists, urban designers, planners, engineers, and architects, we are a collective of innovative creative-thinkers. We believe having fun and creating captivating spaces are symbiotic.
Our design process is iterative, collaborative, and equal parts creative and pragmatic. We pride ourselves on developing unique, project-specific designs, but we’re also intent on creating functional, well-detailed spaces that work while satisfying the needs of owners and users.
We are in search of a talented professional to join our collective as a Junior or Mid-Level Project Manager. This position includes coordination and leadership for landscape architecture and urban design projects from programming, planning, and conceptual design through construction documentation and administration. Working with firm Principals, Directors, designers, and drafters, the Project Manager will direct the design and production team, coordinate with outside clients and consultants, and review all design and construction documents.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, or Urban Design
• Six or more years of experience
• Enthusiasm and interest in becoming integrated in firm processes
• Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced studio environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relay the project story to various audiences
• Effective problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and consultants
• A commitment to design excellence and innovation
• Competency with relevant software, including: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk AutoCAD, and Sketch-up. Knowledge of MicroStation and 3-D modeling software is a plus.
• Knowledge of specification writing is a plus
• Landscape Architecture or Architecture professional license is a plus
• Passion for the work and an ability to have fun is a must!
Commensurate with experience.
E-mail a brief cover letter, resume, and portfolio to:
Director of Marketing + Communications
site design group, ltd. (site)
We will begin reviewing applications on August 5. The position will remain open until filled.
site design group, ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer in full compliance with local, state, and federal Civil Rights and Affirmative Action laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com