SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Phoenix office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for an experienced Landscape Architect to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Assist with Independently providing the full range of landscape architectural services on small to medium sized projects.
- Prepare, coordinate, and complete construction documents including cost estimates.
- Prepare, develop, and edit specifications.
- Evaluate, select, and approve materials and products.
- Assist with day to day construction administration activities including coordination with the clients, consultants, and sub-consultants to maintain project progress, conduct site visits/compile notes, and select landscape materials.
- Develop planning and design concepts for more complex projects in 2D and 3D formats.
- Work with other designers in team environment to ensure an integrated and cohesive design.
An ideal candidate:
- Assists with organization and leading team meetings involving consultants and/or owners.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, customer satisfaction, and technical competence.
- Contributes proactively to the project team.
- Is proficient with technical detailing.
- Has strong graphic and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines.
- Is proficient in current design software including Civil 3D, SketchUp – VRay, GIS, Adobe Suite, Lumion as well as Microsoft Office.
- Has a minimum 2 years of experience.
- Takes an active role in a local professional association.
Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
- LEED AP preferred.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by applying on our careers site!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.smithgroupjjr.com/jobs/904#.Ws4qCo2Wy8c →