The San Francisco office of SmithGroupJJR is currently accepting applications for a Landscape Architect intern for the summer of 2018. Aspiring Landscape Architects who thrive in an environment of collaboration and mentoring, and who demonstrate a high degree of creativity are encouraged to apply.
Working with us, you will:
* Assists with the full range of landscape architectural services on small to medium sized projects.
* Help evaluate, select, and approve materials and products.
* Create and develop planning and design concepts for projects.
An ideal candidate:
* Demonstrates effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, customer satisfaction, and technical competence.
* Contributes proactively to the project team.
* Has strong graphic and verbal communication skills.
* Possesses the ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines.
* Is proficient in current design software including Civil 3D, SketchUp – VRay, GIS, Adobe Suite, Lumion as well as Microsoft Office.
* Takes an active role in a student organization/association.
* Six semesters of coursework toward Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture and 0 – 3 years of related experience (such as summer, co-op or intern work in the AE field) required.
SmithGroupJJR’s intern program provides students with the opportunity to apply both classroom and past experience learning to real world application. Interns will participate in hands-on project work, weekly “Lunch & Learn” sessions, office activities, and mentor pairing.
The 2018 Internship Program for the San Francisco office runs from May 21st through August 9th.
Application deadline is March 3, 2018. Please include a resume and portfolio that demonstrates your design strength (2mg, 10 page max PDF). Applications will not be accepted after the deadline. Interviews (in person or video) will be scheduled starting the second week of March.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below.
Landscape Architecture Intern: http://www.smithgroupjjr.com/internships/863#.WlfExWCWw94
No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.smithgroupjjr.com/internships/863#.WlfExWCWw94 →