Website St. Bourke
PLANNING & DESIGN ASSOCIATE
St. Bourke is an asset management and property development company primarily focused on residential communities. Our passion is creating thriving communities and driving significant value for our clients, partners, and community stakeholders.
St. Bourke was established in 2015 by Drapac Capital Partners (DCP), an international property investment group, four years after DCP established its operations in the U.S. Today, St. Bourke works with a range of clients, including some of America’s largest homebuilders, and still manages DCP’s property portfolio, comprising more than 85 residential and commercial properties across nine states.
St. Bourke is a “one-stop-shop” for companies seeking asset management and development services.
The Planning & Design Associate role is critical to the future success of St. Bourke, will drive the creation of a high-performance planning & design team, and will enable the realization of St. Bourke’s vision:
To be recognized as a leader in the asset management and development industry for driving stakeholder value and creating thriving communities.
The Planning & Design Associate will report directly to the Vice President – Planning & Design and will be responsible for supporting the St. Bourke planning and design function. They will be a talented design professional, adept at managing the planning and design processes for small and large residential community projects, and have a track record of achieving outstanding planning and design outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be a great communicator, collaborator, and business leader, as evidenced by their contributions to date, within their current and past roles, and their strong working relationships with clients, colleagues, and industry stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
The core duties and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- provide support to the VP – Planning & Design and Planning & Design Manager, and the broader St. Bourke team, to achieve agreed planning and design outcomes;
- engage and manage key client and stakeholder relationships to ensure timely input in planning and design processes to secure development entitlements and deliver commercially sound, timely approvals;
- work collaboratively with the St. Bourke team to develop the “St. Bourke Way” – clear planning and design principles, processes, and procedures to drive planning and design excellence and foster a design-led culture;
- ensure that planning and design practices are adopted by the team and across St. Bourke and evident in the outcomes delivered;
- build and maintain a network of key planning and design consultants/professionals that are capable of contributing to, supporting, and enhancing the St. Bourke planning and design capability and outcomes within each market St. Bourke operates;
- ensure that all planning and design documents and intellectual property are appropriately archived;
- keep up to date as the latest planning and design practices and legislation, particularly as they relate to the projects and markets that St. Bourke manages and operates in;
- maintain and monitor a program of planning and design activities/tasks and report regularly as to progress and key issues;
- prepare and present clear planning and design strategies and recommendations that add value and enhance the development potential of properties under management and development;
- manage the scoping, briefing procurement, and preparation of key planning and design deliverables, i.e., project visions, concept layouts, master plans, land development plans, architectural guidelines, etc.;
- identify and mitigate potential planning and design issues and risks and inform key team members and the client immediately of any material unforeseen changes/risks;
- contribute to and manage the scoping, briefing, procurement, and preparation of key development deliverables, i.e., project visions, concept layouts, master plans, land development plans, plats, architectural guidelines, construction contracts, and transmittals; and
- perform on-site investigations and exploration.
- Excellent design skills
- Commercially astute
- Attention to detail
- Strong leadership and management skills
- A team player and collaborator
- Ability to solve complex problems and provide solution alternatives
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or civil engineering.
- Minimum of two-five years’ experience in planning and design of single-family residential/mixed-use development projects.
- Strong understanding of plant material, construction details, and grading plans.
- Proven track record of working with multidisciplinary teams resulting in superior project outcomes.
- Experience with entitlements and research of local zoning codes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop), and AutoCAD.
To apply for this job please visit stbourke.bamboohr.com.