Website Stephen Billings Landscape Architecture
SBLA seeking mid-level landscape designer
Stephen Billings Landscape Architecture (SBLA) is seeking a Landscape Designer with two to four years of office experience to support a wide variety of projects in this rapidly growing design practice located in Venice.
The candidate should possess a strong interest and experience in landscape architecture, specifically as it relates to planting design, hardscape materials and detailing. SBLA is deeply interested in the experiential qualities of landscape, and the position and office environment require individuals who are collaborative, creative and who want to explore how design gestures are translated into built work.
The candidate will work as part of SBLA’s design team to conceptualize, develop and execute work at various scales ranging from residential to large campus projects. The candidate should be able to understand and contribute to the creation of various design drawings, including perspective and plan renderings, diagrams and construction document sets.
Compensation to be commensurate with experience.
• Drafting and design for all project phases using hand sketching and AutoCAD
• Production of plans, elevations and details for Construction Document sets
• Self-directed management and production of presentation materials using Adobe Creative Suite and hand sketches
• Conducting site visits and analyzing and documenting site conditions for design projects
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio via email to email@example.com with the following subject ‘Application for Landscape Designer’. Attachments should be less than 10MB total.
• Proficient knowledge of the following computer programs: AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to convey ideas through hand sketching
• A working understanding of plant materials and planting design
• Strong presentation and organizational skills
• The ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and self-motivate
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities
• Good interpersonal skills and an interest in working collaboratively as part of our team
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org