Website Studio 16:19
design / collaborate / solve / impact
Senior Landscape Architect/ Planner – Project Manager (ROUND ROCK, TX)
Every opportunity we engage impacts a community with better people spaces!
studio16:19, LLC is a locally owned landscape architecture, planning & design firm in Round Rock, Texas that collaborates with ‘like-minded’ professionals; solving our client’s problems, while making a positive impact in the communities where we work and live. We offer a collaborative, creative, and comprehensive approach in the development of land-based projects that are client centered and end user focused for private developers and public entities across Central Texas and beyond. We believe that this occurs by fostering an authentic work culture of empowered staff collaborating in a studio environment, providing creative, innovative, efficient & sustainable design solutions to our client’s project challenges, and stewardship of all relationships with integrity, honor, and servant leadership while maintaining a strong commitment to philanthropy.
We are Driven by these Core Values
• FAITH – We are committed to honoring God in all that we do including trusting that all needs, resources, and finances will be met. Our namesake is from Matthew 16:19!
• FAMILY & COMMUNITY – Support projects, organizations, and people who reflect our company values by giving back a portion of our time and/or profits to our team members, their families, and the community at large.
• COLLABORATION – We are committed to creating an environment where ideas are shared freely. We seek creative partnerships and alliances with people that get it!
• AUTHENTIC WORK CULTURE – We want to create a fun & positive environment where people, our greatest resources, are valued & truly feel they belong.
• ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT – We desire motivated & passionate staff who are resourceful enough to devise creative, effective, & efficient solutions to problems or roadblocks on their own.
• HONOR & INTEGRITY – We are committed to doing what is right as that will build loyalty and trust. Trust strengthens the relationship. We are in the relationship business!
• PHILANTHROPY – We are committed to being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
Does the Following Describe You?
• Effective listening and communication skills.
• Highly effective at managing projects including staff, consultants, and client teams.
• Ability to collaborate with ‘like-minded’ professionals in a creative studio environment.
• Able to provide creative, innovative, efficient & sustainable land-based design solutions.
• A servant leader that enjoys ‘jumping in’ no matter the task at hand.
• Embodies our core values.
• Unparalleled work ethic…you may not own the business, but you work like you do.
Who We Want
As we continue to grow our studio and expand our reach, we are seeking a Senior Landscape Architect/ Planner who believes they are a team Leader. They are self-motivated and consistently exceed all project metrics/goals and client expectations. Our ideal Senior Landscape Architect/ Planner maintains a healthy pipeline of new opportunities while fostering and growing opportunities with existing clients. They welcome the challenge of leading/ mentoring staff and our external collaborative consultant teams by turning these interactions into deep, lasting relationships and even strategic partnerships.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Landscape Architect, you will be responsible for leading/ managing internal and external project teams in Texas by following and effectively executing our collaborative studio process. You will work closely with staff and project principals to develop and present the best solution to meet our client’s program then successfully exceed their expectations. By embracing studio16:19’s core values, you will maintain a high level of integrity pertaining to all interactions with coworkers, clients, and strategic partners. As a valued team member, you will contribute to best practices conversations, planning, and project deliver methods. You will maintain a high level of personal accountability by keeping our client/ project management system updated and providing recurrent updates to our studio leadership team.
• Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited Landscape Architecture program.
• 10 to 15 years of experience with a private-practice landscape architecture firm.
• Landscape Architecture License.
• Experience with a variety of landscape architectural project types.
• Extensive project and client management experience.
• Excellent freehand and digital drawing skills.
• Well-developed organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Technical experience in site planning, conceptual design, construction documentation, and construction administration.
• 5+ years of successful Project Management experience.
• Eye for quality design, desire to learn, and ability to mentor.
• Excellent hunting/prospecting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies.
• Experience working with jurisdictions in Central Texas and knowledge of their development codes.
• Deep understanding of site development processing from entitlement through permitting.
• Municipal/ County/ Municipal Utility District Project Delivery experience.
• AICP Certification or Seeking Certification.
What We Will Include
This role is designed for success. For the right individual it will be an amazing fit and opportunity. We offer competitive pay and benefits including a highly collaborative work environment, retirement and health care, PTO, recurrent training, a fun studio culture, and opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about studio16:19, check us out at our website www.studio1619.com and us at the follow social media channels:
How to apply
Please send a copy of your resume and brief qualifications packet/ portfolio to Angela Baker (email@example.com) and include a brief cover letter or email explaining who you are and why you believe you are the best choice for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org