Website Terra Ferma Landscapes
The Associate will participate in all aspects of the Design Studio’s activities and is responsible for completing a variety of professional landscape design tasks in order to meet our clients’ requests. The Associate takes a key role in building the company image through the production of design documents and interacting directly with clients, consultant teams, municipalities, and other key stakeholders. The Associate also actively serves to enhance the Studio’s processes and infrastructure, ensuring the Studio continues to advance its production techniques and capabilities.
· Produce unique, high-quality designs under the guidance of a Senior Associate or the Design Director that meet or exceed the expectations of our clients.
· Communicate clearly and professionally with clients, consultant teams, municipalities, and other key stakeholders, both graphically and through verbal/written correspondence.
· Understand design contracts and guide the preparation of deliverables according to the unique scope requirements of each project.
· Provide clear design and implementation process information to clients that ensures they form fitting expectations, can make high-quality decisions, and recognize the importance of the design expertise provided by the company.
· Interpret and implement design feedback and guidance from clients and Studio leadership to create detailed, buildable plans; clear, annotated graphic communications; specifications; cost estimates; and construction directives.
· Work with others to produce plans, graphics, and documentation as a team.
· Hand sketch design concepts for the effective conveyance of ideas.
· Create and modify construction documentation, including construction details and specifications.
· Prepare layout, circulation, shade, and topographic studies.
· Prepare preliminary working drawings that can be developed and interpreted by studio members and consultant partners.
· Research and incorporate state and municipal laws governing the construction and design of landscape projects.
· Coordinate with municipalities to support the creation and submission of plan check and permit documents.
• Coordinate with material suppliers, manufacturers of structures and fixtures, and other industry sources for up-to-date samples, standard specifications, installation requirements, and design literature.
• Observe, interpret, and direct construction implementation in order to ensure projects are built according to building codes, project plans, specifications, and design intent.
• Respond to field conditions and changes with design solutions that protect the interests of the client, the company, and project partners.
• Maintain records, prepare reports, and manage correspondence.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program.
· Licensure as a Landscape Architect or future plans to become licensed.
· 2+ years of experience in high-end residential landscape architecture.
· 5 – 7 years of experience in the field of landscape architecture.
· Knowledge of construction techniques, site inventory requirements, site analysis procedures, local plant material, horticultural practices, California Building Codes, permitting procedures, and documentation requirements for landscape architectural projects.
· Experience taking design projects from the initial pre-schematic stages to construction/project completion.
· Organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
· Strong freehand illustration and rendering skills (provide portfolio of work)
· Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite is required.
· Experience with Land FX, SketchUp, and other CAD programs is preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment with an exceptional professional attitude.
· Prior project management and project leadership experience highly desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to Natalia@tflandscapes.com