The LaurelRock Company is an award winning, full-service landscape design/build/maintenance firm, servicing exceptional residential properties and estates in Connecticut and New York for 45 years. We are proud of our reputation for innovative design, high quality workmanship and uncompromised customer service.
We are seeking a highly motivated designer preferably with a degree in landscape design or landscape architecture and 5+ years of experience as a design professional. Candidate must demonstrate technical proficiency in CAD-based design software using a combination of Vectorworks, ACAD, PhotoShop, SketchUp, InDesign and/or Lumien.
The successful candidate will have an agile personality, excellent communication skills, an independent work ethic, a professional approach and show enthusiasm for their work.
• Develop relationships and proactively communicate with clients
• Conduct site inventory, take site measurements and shoot existing grades for base plan
• Prepare digital base plan with title block based on property survey and field data
• Research applicable town codes and regulations and apply to design
• Produce and render conceptual plans of presentation quality
• Generate 3-D digital models and site fly-throughs using software
• Produce construction drawing sets including details and elevations
• Effectively manage time to work on multiple projects in various phases of design and construction concurrently
• Participate in weekly coordination meetings, team meetings and ongoing process improvement efforts
• Prepare construction budget projections and cost estimates
• Present and review project drawings and detailed estimates with clients
• Assist in project management during construction
• Minimum 5 years professional design experience working specifically in residential design and construction
• Demonstrated success in managing multiple concurrent client relationships and projects in various stages of design
• Strong design sensibility for high-end residential projects and excellent knowledge of regional plant material, landscape structures, grading and drainage, lighting, pools & fencing
• Demonstrated technical proficiency in Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Sketch Up, Lumien, InDesign and/or hand graphics (plan and elevation)
• Dynamic and proactive approach to client communication and project management
• Ability to research and analyze technical data and make intelligent decisions that move the project forward
• Ability to write clear, concise, and thorough correspondence, summaries, and reports to various audiences
• Ability to work in collaborative team environment
Bachelor’s in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design/Management Program coupled with relevant high-quality design experience.
Email cover letter, resume, and a PDF of design work samples or portfolio to email@example.com.
JOB CONTACT INFORMATION
The LaurelRock Company
Human Resource Administrator
Phone: (203) 544-0062
Fax: (203) 544-0707
969 Danbury Road Wilton, CT 06897
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org