Website The Planning Center
A Multi-disciplinary Planning & Landscape Architecture Firm
COMPANY OVERVIEW: The Planning Center is a growing multi-disciplinary Planning and Landscape Architecture firm with offices in Downtown Tucson and Phoenix, Arizona. We are a small and versatile business, as well as a woman owned enterprise. Our current projects include: urban streetscapes, mixed-use urban development, community centers, parks/playgrounds/sports facilities, master planned communities, luxury apartment complexes, corporate headquarters, and commercial developments for both private and public clients.
LOCATION: Downtown Tucson, Arizona | 2 E Congress St, Ste 600 (Historic Chase Bank Building)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Planning Center is seeking to add a Landscape Designer (0-5 years of experience) with a desire to work within a collaborative studio environment, and the capability to assist with Landscape Architecture and Site Design projects throughout Southern Arizona. Candidates with a minimum of two years’ experience in similar firm are preferred.
The ideal candidate must be flexible, with the desire and ability to work on all phases of a design project (from conceptual design through construction documentation). Landscape Designers require a sound technical understanding of design and construction within arid desert environments. Additional experience conducting Native Plant Inventories for the preparation of Native Plant Preservation Plans, Site Resource Inventories, and Environmental Resource Reports is preferable. Experience working in the Tucson metropolitan region with local knowledge of jurisdictional landscape requirements and regulations are preferable.
• Experience in site planning and landscape design for a variety of project scopes and clients.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, and SketchUp.
• Strong graphic communication skills (from hand drawn sketches to marketing imagery)
• Technical design and document production on a range of project types and scopes (i.e. Landscape Compliance Plans, Planting Plans, Irrigation Plans, Construction Drawings, Native Plant Mitigation Plans, etc.).
• Good interpersonal, organizational, time management, and communication skills.
• Creative, positive and passionate with the ability to think pro-actively, ask questions, learn, and grow in the profession.
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited institution.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified applicants please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio or work samples in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com