Website Traverse Landscape Architects
Who We Are:
Enhancing lives, strengthening communities, and deepening people’s connections to nature and the places where they live, work, and play. At Traverse, we believe in the power of landscape to do all that and more. Our design, site planning, and placemaking expertise helps us deliver value through creative solutions and innovative approaches.
We work from a position of empathy fostering connections between people and place. Our participatory process brings clients, community groups, and stakeholders together to create new and reimagined spaces that inspire, delight, and heal. We address the vital issues that impact people’s lives today: climate change, sea level rise, lack of open space.
Experience we are seeking:
We are seeking a motivated designer with experience and a passion for the design of athletic facilities. We are looking for the best and brightest designers to bring our projects to reality through inspiring and inventive designs. We want people who are willing to look beyond the square and enhance the humane experience.
BLA or MLA required with professional office experience related to Athletic Facility Design.
· A motivated, self-directed designer with 4 to 6 years of professional experience. You enjoy working in a team setting; Able to engage in critical discussion of project issues.
· Able to take direction and step in where needed; Ability to be self-directed and self-edit work.
· Experience in graphic, written and verbal communication.
· Graphic experience including hand sketching, CAD, sketch-Up, advanced modeling software,
· Verbal experience including presenting to large or small groups; verbally communicating and defending design concepts;
· Written experience including papers, reports, and blogs;
· Experience in product research, sustainable design principles, and design exploration;
· Experience developing complex construction details and an understanding of how things are built in athletic field design (natural and synthetic) for a wide range of event types, track and field facilities, hard court surfaces and associated irrigation and hydrology design for these facilities.
· A thorough understanding of the associated rules and regulations for the various athletic events as well as the requirements for related amenities including athletic field lighting, viewer seating, scoreboards, and various athletic field equipment.
· Experience in specification preparation and cost estimating;
Construction administration experience a plus;
Process for Submission:
Please submit a cover letter, a portfolio of recent work and no more than three work samples of athletic facility design in which the candidate played a significant role and names and contact info for three references. Please submit all info in pdf format. Include “4-6 year Landscape Architect/Designer” in subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com