Website URBAN ARENA
Entry Level Project Designer – Landscape Architecture
We are seeking a full time, Entry Level Project Designer (0-3 years’ experience) in the field of Landscape Architecture for our San Diego office.
Urban Arena [UA] is a multi-disciplinary firm on the cutting edge of Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Planning, & Design. With offices in San Diego, Costa Mesa, and Oakland, UA attracts a diverse group of professionals working on a range of projects from Urban Villages, Retail & Entertainment Centers, Model Homes, Master-Planned Residential Communities, Community Parks, and High-Density Housing & Sports Complexes.
At UA, we pride ourselves on doing things a little different. We create innovative & forward-thinking design solutions that break away from run of the mill projects. The Project Designer will work directly with the Landscape Architecture team & assist in the design & creation of projects ranging from small parks to large, master-planned communities.
UA believes that when our employees are happy, we, as a company, produce our best work. That’s why we balance work & play – whether it’s off-site “UA Days”, happy hours or 3 pm office walks, we live by the motto that where you work should also be where you enjoy being – and we squeeze as much fun into our work week as possible.
Full-time employees receive vacation, sick & paid holidays. Full medical, dental & vision coverage are provided in addition to strong continuing education support on an individual basis. We offer flexible working hours with four nine-hour days & a half day every Friday. Compensation is based on skills & experience.
• 0 to 3 years’ experience. Willing to take on an applicant with limited experience who is ready to
learn quickly; we care about our employee’s growth & are willing to teach
• A degree in Landscape Architecture or related field of study
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop & InDesign
• Ability to work within a team environment. We are a growing office with an open & collaborative environment; team chemistry is key
• Self-starter with a “can-do” attitude. UA offers employees a wide variety of opportunity & responsibility; we’re looking for candidates who can take a project or task & run with it
A Plus [but not required]:
• Knowledge of additional programs such as Land F/X, Revit, SketchUp, 3D Max & Excel
• Work experience in a Landscape Architect’s office
How to Apply:
• Please email cover letter, resume, and portfolio to: email@example.com
• Please put “Project Designer” in the Subject line. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org