Photovoltaics in the urban environment

Landscape Architecture for Landscape Architects Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Photovoltaics in the urban environment

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Peter Livings
    Participant

I am just starting to write my dissertation and have chosen to look at implementing Solar photovoltaics in urban areas.

I saw this example in Croatia  which creatively used photovoltaics and LED lights along the waterfront. (http://www.croatia.org/crown/articles/9541/1/Spectacular-Monument-to-The-Sun-in-the-city-of-Zadar-by-Nikola-Baiae.html). What interested me most was the creative use of materials to engage the public but also making it an energy plus landscape (generating enough energy to light itself and the surrounding waterfront lights).

I’m wondering whether people think integrating photovoltaics in our designs can bring the technology more into the public focus and therefore hopefully gain more public support for renewable energy?

Also, it would be great to hear opinions and experiences in implementing renewable energy:

-Have people had positive experiences working alongside engineers and architects doing this (why/why not)

– Will implementing energy generation become an integral role for us in the future?

– Opinions on the aesthetics or the design potential or photovoltaics.

It would be great to get some landscape architects perspective on the topic. Any thoughts, design ideas, inspirations or arguments are welcome

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register