Reclaimed Bluestone Sources???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ty
    Participant

I rarely post here, but thought this forum might be the perfect place to glean some info/advice.

I’m looking for sources that would have salvaged/reclaimed bluestone for an entry court.  Does anyone know some trusted sources?  Im in the Northeast USA region, about an hour outside of NYC.

Thanks in advance!!

Boilerplater
    Participant

Some years ago I heard from a guy who worked for the Trenton, NJ parks department about a large supply of salvaged bluestone sidewalk slabs that they had.  I actually got hold of one for my own house.  That guy has since been laid off as the city ran into budget problems, like so many other old cities.  But since they’re broke, they might be trying to sell some assets.  Not even sure who I can tell you to contact since all the people I knew there were laid off or have retired.  I bet if you just try calling some public works departments of older small towns you’ll hit paydirt eventually.

Tosh K
    Participant

A lot of contractors that work on municipal projects will keep salvaged material in their materials yard, might ask a few of them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register